+91- 9891647510, 9810232685
- Clicking sound in the joint during jaw movement
- Limited movement of the jaw
- Earaches and headaches
- Pain in the joint during hard chewing
- Hearing problems
- Pain in the face, jaw, neck, or shoulders
- Loose teeth
- Worn, chipped, or cracked teeth or fillings
- Clenching or grinding
- Facial pain
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Pain and sensitivity in teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Receding gums
- Ringing or congestion in the ears
From a medical perspective, TMJ problems are classified into three main groups of disorders: muscle disorders, joint derangement disorders, and degenerative joint disorders.
1. Muscle disorders describes TMJ problems located in the muscles that control the TMJ. These disorders are often called myofacial disorders and are the most common of the TMJ disorders.
2. Joint derangement disorders are a group of TMJ problems that is caused by either: a dislocated jaw, a displaced disk, or an injured bone.
3. Degenerative joint disorders are a group of TMJ problems that is caused by degenerative changes in the joint like arthritis that destroy the cartilage that cover the TMJ and absorbs the shocks caused by such actions as chewing. Degenerative joint disorders stem from the wear and tear of the TMJ joints.
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms and are also experienced prolonged pain, it is highly recommended that you consult a doctor. Once, your doctor has confirmed the presence of a TMJ disorder, the next step is treatment. Depending on the type of disorder that you are suffering from and the extent of it, you will undergo specific treatment.
NTI-tss ApplianceNTI-tss stand for "Nociceptive Trigeminal Inhibition Tension Suppression System". According to the manufacturer, the NTI-tss device is indicated for the prevention and treatment of bruxism, temporomandibular disorders (TMDs), occlusal trauma, tension-type headaches and/or migraine.
The NTI-tss device is a small pre-fabricated anterior bite stop which covers – in its most widely used form – the two upper (or lower) central incisors. The fit along the teeth is accomplished at the chair side by filling it with a resin and subsequently adapting along the central incisors, thereby increasing the vertical dimension between the upper and lower jaw.. This "miniature anterior bite appliance" is typically worn during the night, although two variations of the bite stop are offered for daytime use.
The NTI-tss protects teeth, muscles and joints by suppresing parafunctional muscle contraction by almost 70%. Originally developed to prevent migraine pain, the NTI-tss Plus is proven to be a superior alternative to full coverage bite guards.
The NTI-tss also gives dentists a way to simply and effectively treat patients suffering from tension and migraine headaches by reducing the intensity of jaw clenching while the patient sleeps.
The NTI-tss protocol is approved for the Prevention of Medically Diagnosed Migraine Pain and Jaw Disorders through the reduction of trigeminally innervated muscular activity.